Furlough vs layoff: both mean an employee isn't currently working for your company, but which term is the right word to use and what are the...
5 Questions to Ask before Outsourcing Your HR
It's easier to choose the right company or PEO when you outsource HR for your business if you ask the right questions first, including where are ...
When you're outsourcing your human resources, you quickly learn that not all outsourced HR options are the same -- even Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) vary considerably in their offerings. Boss Magazine recently addressed the problem and came up with several criteria to help you narrow down the list, such as breaking down how you’re billed, reviewing benefits packages, and learning company accreditations, among other things.
At Stratus.hr, we compiled a list of additional questions to ensure you choose the right PEO for your company's HR.
HR outsourcing criteria for finding a PEO
- 1. Does the PEO have dedicated representatives for each client account that you can talk to when you have questions or a problem? The answer should be yes -- and these people should be experts in the HR field. When you need an answer, digging through a site's help section or waiting on hold for the next available representative just doesn't work.
- 2. Can you stop by and meet the PEO’s staff members? Our belief is that human resources are best tackled by humans who understand the community they serve. You can find out for certain by stopping in to meet the entire team who will be working on your account.
- 3. What is the PEO’s own turnover like? It seems like a trick question because it turns the table on the PEO who will also be trying to keep YOUR turnover low. But you want to know that the people with your PEO aren't here today, gone tomorrow. You want to work with an HR organization that values its own staff as much as you value yours, and that it practices what it preaches.
- 4. What kinds of technology does the PEO offer to your managers and employees? In today’s workforce, employees want instant access to data and the ability to run reports in a self-service world. Make sure they’re empowered with technology offered by your PEO.
- 5. What can the PEO do immediately to help address your HR concerns? Ask specific questions about your HR issues to gain insight on how the PEO will service your account. Learn how the PEO plans to immediately step in and make your life as an employer easier.
Company growth increases by outsourcing HR to a PEO
A 2016 NAPEO study found that small businesses that use a PEO grow faster, have lower rates of employee turnover, and higher rates of business survival than other comparable small businesses. Do your due diligence and you’ll find the right PEO fit for your company’s HR needs.
Read the full article from Boss Magazine.