Supplemental Life Insurance
Life Insurance can help provide financial security for your loved ones in the case of your untimely death. Who depends on you and what hardships would they face if you were suddenly gone? These are often uncomfortable questions to answer, but with our Mutual of Omaha LIfe Insurance plan, you know you and your loved ones are covered at an affordable price. All full-time benefits eligible employees automatically receive $10,000 of coverage and access to an EAP at NO COST!
Employees who wish to purchase coverage above the free $10,000 can buy up to $500,000, or 5 times their annual salary, for themselves in increments of $10,000. Spousal coverage is up to 100% of the employee’s Supplemental Coverage amount, up to $500,000 in increments of $5,000. Unmarried, dependent children under the age of 26 are eligible for $10,000 of coverage.
During Open Enrollment, employees can purchase an additional $40,000 of coverage Guaranteed Issue, meaning no Evidience of Insurability is required. All Supplemental Insurance amounts above the Guaranteed Issue can be purchased at any time and are subject to Evidence of Insurability.
In addition to the free $10,000 of Life Insurance Coverage, we also provide eligible employees with free access to an Employee Assistance Program, or EAP. Employees can utilize this program for a variety of personal and professional matters, including:
- Emotional Well-being
- Family and Relationships
- Legal and Financial
- Healthy Life Styles
- Work and Life Transitions
Other EAP benefits include:
- Unlimited telephonic access to EAP Professionals 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Telephone assistance and referral
- Service for employees and dependents (per calendar year)
- Face-to-face visits can also be used toward legal and financial consultations
- Legal Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Substance Abuse Assistance
- Connect employees with resources for:
- Dependent Care Assistance & Referral Services
- Elder Care Assistance & Referral Services
- Access to a library of educational articles, handoutsand resources via Web site
(Employees who choose to do so can also buy up to the guaranteed issue amount during Open Enrollment, without having to fill out an Evidence of Insurability form. The Guarantee Issue maximum amount is $250,000 or 5 times your annual salary.)
For more information about either of these benefits, please contact our Benefits Department.