Learn the warning signs to know if you have a micromanaging problem, as well as tips to stop the cycle of micromanagement.
Dumb Things Employees Have Done at Work
Do your coworkers do dumb things? See if they can out-do this list of all-stars that includes searching for a mail order bride or bathing in the sink.
Other blogs you may be interested in:
In a recent survey, Career Builder asked employers what dumb things they had caught employees doing at work.
Here are 10 of those responses:
- Employee was taking a sponge bath in the bathroom sink.
- Employee was trying to hypnotize other employees to stop their smoking habits.
- Employee was looking for a mail order bride.
- Employee was drinking vodka while watching Netflix.
- Employee was sabotaging another employee's car tires.
- Employee was sleeping on the CEO's couch.
- Employee was writing negative posts about the company on social media.
- Employee was making a model plane.
- Employee was flying drones around the office.
- Employee was printing pictures of animals, naming them after employees and hanging them in the work area
Those are almost as good as these four responses from the 2014 survey:
- Employee was sleeping, but claimed he was praying
- Employee was warming her bare feet under the bathroom hand dryer
- Employees were having a wrestling match
- Employee was blowing bubbles in sub-zero weather to see if the bubbles would freeze and break
Have any weird things your employees have been caught doing at work? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!photo credits