If you’ve been sick, quarantined, been around sick or quarantined people, or have traveled during the pandemic, you’ve likely undergone testing to find out if you’re positive for the COVID-19 virus. But what are the different types of tests and what do they mean?
Abbott has created a #KNOWTHECURVES guide to help the general public understand:
- The difference between viral RNA, antigen, and antibody testing
- Why it’s important to get the right test at the right time
- What a positive result means
- When patients are most contagious
- And answers to other frequently asked questions
With permission, we have linked to Abbott’s free guide, which may be updated as more information is learned about the COVID-19 virus.
Please share this information to educate others about the different kinds of tests; incubation, infection, and immune responses; why false-negatives aren’t wrong tests, but tests administered at the wrong time; and other questions you’ve wondered about COVID-19.